About the job
The main objective of the role is to work cross functionally with internal stakeholders such as OOS, Comms, PPGA, along with external consortia and recycling bodies to advance Pep’s RCB agenda with particular focus on the AMESA and APAC and the Recycling landscape. The purpose and scope is to ensure our flexible packaging (in particular) is compatable with collection, sorting and recycling infrastructure in AMESA and APAC and also to act as a SME on End of Life solutions.
- Lead Sector and Global foods packaging sustainability initiatives and engagement with Sector and Global OOS as the technical subject matter expert.
- Represent PEP , along with Global OOS @ CGF PWCoA Chemical Recycling Working group , working with multiple global CGF member to formalize the company position
- Represent PEP , along with Global OOS @ Alliance to End Plastic Waste in technical working groups
- Lead global projects and engagement with Global OOS on below streams as examples
- Deliver workstreams on RCB document revision ,
- End of Life Hierarchy updation / detailing basis climate indicators
- Collection methodologies,plastic waste management infrastructure and recycling technology
- Packaging sustainability roadmap for emerging markets
- Guide and support AMESA/APAC Sector leadership on what the right solutions they should invest in.
- Techncial Engagement with external sustainability consortia in AMESA/APAC markets
- In-depth understanding of polymer chemistry
- Experience and deep technical understanding in multi layer flexible packaging.
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Strong leadership skills demonstrating strategic thinking & clear setting of agenda
- Ability to develop close working relationships with key functional associates
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing and persuasion skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong project management and data interpretation/ analysis skills
- Good people management skills
- Incumbents’ skill base should encompass strong technical leadership as well as personnel /group management skills
- Strong understanding of PepsiCo Packaging Sustainability goals
- BEng or BSc in Chemical Engineering or Packaging a distinct advantage
To apply for this job please visit www.pepsicojobs.com.