About the job
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Global Engineering & Business Solutions > Engineering & Business Service Center > QHSE Sevice
HSE & QMS is a part of QHSE Services in Engineering Business Service Center (EBSC), Global Manufacturing. This department is responsible for Business process creation/rollout, conducting Internal Audits, performing HSE Reviews and promoting Safety & Quality Culture across Global Manufacturing.
As an Energy & Environment specialist, you’ll plan, regulate, and monitor the energy use in the organization. Your aim is to develop Energy Management System (ISO 50001) and implement at organizational level to improve efficiency by evaluating energy use and putting in place new policies and changes where needed. You will also support implementation of Environmental management system (ISO 14001) across the organization, will coordinate all aspects of energy and environment management, from reduction of carbon dioxide emissions to waste management and sustainable development
- Develop, coordinate, and implement strategies and policies to reduce energy consumption
- Encourage the use of renewable and sustainable energy resources within an organization or community and raise the profile of energy conservation
- Carry out Energy audits at factories, office locations and support ISO 50001 Implementation, certification
- Provide technical and practical advice and offer training on energy efficiency
- Support implementation of Environmental management system across the organization
- Carry out site inspections and energy surveys
- Coordinate with stakeholders for sustainability metrics reporting and data management
- Develop promotional activities and materials to publicize energy conservation activities
- Conduct training on Energy management system and Environmental management system
- Conduct Energy analysis, establish Energy performance indicators, support Environmental initiatives
- Conduct cost benefit analysis of new energy reduction projects and guide sites on project implementation
- Benchmark energy consumptions against best practice guidelines
Keep up to date with legislation
- Degree in Engineering or Postgraduate in Environmental sciences with 10 to 15 years of experience in manufacturing industry
- Extensive knowledge in ISO 50001 & ISO 14001
- Preferably Certified Energy auditor or manager
- Experience with Energy and Environmental management system development and implementation
- Fluent in English (written & verbal)
To apply for this job please visit careers.vestas.com.